Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah: 2009 – 2013. GPA 3.56.
- Major: Mandarin Chinese;
- Minor and a certificate: Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
- Level 4 Advanced Mandarin Chinese Listening and Reading Certification (Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language [TOCFL]).
- Advanced Mid ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) rating - Mandarin.
- 2010-2011, 2011-2012, 2012-2013, and 2013-2014 academic scholarship recipient.
- ACT score: 31.
- HITRUST CCSFP, credential ID practitioner number: 58694; exp: 07/23
- Senior Consultant, AARC-360; Atlanta, Georgia: 2021 – present
- Staff Consultant, AARC-360; Atlanta, Georgia: 2019 – 2021
Conducted external audits for international and domestic clients. Authored training materials and engineered extensive internal tools and intellectual property that allowed the firm to more efficiently complete various types of audit engagements.
- Produce Buyer, Pomegranate Market; Sioux Falls, South Dakota: 2015 – 2017
Created and maintained relationships with local farmers and food distributors, made orders of various produce at competitive prices, and set pricing of purchased goods to maintain department profit margins.
- Cleaning Division Manager, Dust-tex Service; Sioux Falls, South Dakota: 2014 – 2015
Helped establish the company’s new janitorial clientele through internal marketing efforts; measured potential facility dimensions, and made calculations therefrom, to provide bids to prospective clients; and performed janitorial labor.
- Financial Representative/Intern, Northwestern Mutual; Provo, Utah: 2013 – 2014
Top intern based on weekly production goals at the Provo office during the Fall 2013 semester. Northwestern Mutual's internship program is rated as one of the top ten undergrad internships nationwide.
- Accounts Payable Assistant, Sioux Falls Tower; Sioux Falls, South Dakota: 2017 – 2018
Processed company-wide credit card transactions while looking for indications of fraud or spending abuse; managed tax and insurance information from vendors.
- Chinese Content Builder, Middlebury Interactive; Provo, Utah: 2013
Ensured the proper content and functionality of beginning, intermediate, and advanced online Mandarin Chinese courses during the company’s peak clientele building period. By quickly learning to use proprietary software, I was able to build customized content to be used remotely by schools across the nation.
- ESL Intern Instructor, BYU English Language Center; Provo, Utah: 2012, 2013
Taught the Foundations Prep class and proctored tests to students of varying nationalities. Prepared lessons and activities with resources supplied by the English Language Center in conjunction with personally-crafted activities.
- ESL Instructor, The Center for High School Global Alliances (CHSA); American Fork, Utah: 2012
Taught English class to Chinese students on an exchange program as part of an intensive English immersion experience. Each class was approximately 3 hours in length, during which time improvisation was mandated to supplement the lesson plans provided by CHSA.
- Cheese Maker / Bulk Milk Receiving Operator, Open Gates Group; Kalona, Iowa: 2018 – 2019
Helped develop, execute, and am improving the cheddar cheese curd product at the historic Kalona Creamery. As lead cheese maker, the quality of the end product of each production cycle was directly under my supervision, which process was a blend of science and art.
- Drone Pilot, Prairie Aerial; Sioux Falls, South Dakota: 2015 – 2016
Piloted drones by means of onboard wireless camera systems for commercial purposes; maintained social media; built and maintained website; and took directions from production directors and directors of photography in commercial shoots. My most famous work has over 10,000,000 hits on Youtube and was winner of the of the Best Directing category, SEDIFF 2016 (Seoul, Korea drone film festival), and an official selection at the NYDFF 2016 (New York Drone Film Festival). Viewable here on Youtube.
- Media Technician, Brigham Young University Office of Information Technologies; Provo, Utah: 2011 – 2013
Serviced and repaired various electronic systems throughout the university campus; worked with and led technician groups in a team-oriented, time-sensitive environment.
- Apple Campus Rep, Volt Technical Resources; Provo, Utah: 2010
Worked in an exclusive team of three campus representatives to organize and conduct several training events and helped execute one of the largest student film competitions on campus.
- Ward Clerk, LDS Church; Sioux Falls, SD; 2014 – 2018
Managed membership and financial records for local church congregation of 250 members as a lay leader. Handled sensitive private information according to prescribed policies and practices. Handled weekly donations in a sacred, confidential manner.
- Volunteer Representative, LDS Church; Kaohsiung, Taiwan: 2007 – 2009
Served as the Mission Recorder, responsible for collecting reports and assembling presentations for the Mission President. Interacted with native Mandarin Chinese speakers in daily living and proselytizing efforts for a period of two years. I discovered and streamlined reporting gaps in a system designed to track the activity of 120+ missionaries.
- Photographer with an online portfolio.
- Author/creator of The Sword of Adam, prairieaerial.com, and thorinfamily.net.
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese.
- Conversant in Spanish.
- Windows/Mac proficient.
Available upon request.